When We Are Closed
When the surgery is closed, please still telephone the Practice if your condition cannot wait until the next working day; emergencies which occur outside of normal hours are passed to the Newham GP Co-op. This service has been set up by Newham GPs working together as a co-operative in our area. The doctor will call you back and advise you appropriately.
For urgent care requirements, you may need to visit the base at the following Bart's Health hospitals:
Newham GP Co-op at Newham General Hospital
Please always ring the surgery first as this is an expensive service that the Practice pays for. Please note that all calls to the Co-op are recorded - please only use it if your condition is serious
Telephone: 020 7511 8880
Emergency Home Visits
In exceptional circumstances the Doctor may decide to visit you at home. We are responsible for repayments of this emergency service, and whenever possible it is best to wait for the next Surgery and we respectfully ask you to use this service wisely.
Please ensure that any letters given to you either by Newham GP Co-op or the hospital is handed in to your Doctor as soon as possible.
Patients can also obtain confidential medical advice and health information 24 hours per day, 7 days per week by calling 111 free from a landline or mobile.
Find out more...
Newham Asian Women’s Project (NAWP) is now London Black Women's Project (LBWP)
Phone number - 020 8472 0528
Address - 661 Barking Rd, London E13 9EX
Aanchal 0845 451 2547 (24 hour crisis line for Asian women experiencing domestic abuse)
Depression and Anxiety
- Samaritans 0845 790 9090 (24 hour crisis line for people contemplating harming themselves)
- Saneline 0845 767 8000 6pm – 11pm every day (Practical information, crisis care and emotional support)
- No Panic 0800 138 8889 10am – 10pm every day UK Freephone (For people experiencing panic or anxiety problems)
Late and Weekend Opening Pharmacies
- Pharmacy Republic - 020 85480221 138 Barking Road, East Ham, Newham, London, E6 (Open until 11pm Mon-Fri, Midnight Sat-Sun)
- Munro Pharmacy on Green Street and Prince Regent Lane.